N.E.A.T.’s mission is to provide social, emotional and behavioral growth and learning, as well as Psycho Social Rehabilitation, when addressing mental health issues, through work with horses to individuals and groups in northern Nevada.
Equine-assisted therapy for the treatment of mental health, emotional, behavioral, and relationship issues is a relatively new form of therapeutic intervention which recognizes that the bond between animals and humans fosters emotional growth and healing.
Among other things, working with horses can:
- Increase trust and confidence
- Improve self-awareness and focus
- Develop anger management skills
- Build strong and appropriate boundaries
- Reduce loneliness, anxiety, and feelings of isolation
- Decrease impulsive and self-destructive behaviors
- Foster creativity