N.E.A.T.’s mission is to provide social, emotional and behavioral growth and learning through work with horses to individuals and groups in northern Nevada.
Equine-assisted therapy for the treatment of mental health, emotional, behavioral, and relationship issues is a relatively new form of therapeutic intervention which recognizes that the bond between animals and humans fosters emotional growth and healing.
Among other things, working with horses can:
- Increase trust and confidence
- Improve self-awareness and focus
- Develop anger management skills
- Build strong and appropriate boundaries
- Reduce loneliness, anxiety, and feelings of isolation
- Decrease impulsive and self-destructive behaviors
- Foster creativity